Peru Trip August 2008 was a huge Success!
We just came back from Peru and we have spent time reflecting on the many, many blessings and answers to prayers we saw while here in Peru . It was truly overwhelming to see how God was in control and answered prayers in HIS way, not OUR way. You were all instrumental in this mission trip and in these answers to prayer. Your prayer support lifted us up and kept us going and as you'll see moved the hand of God! Here is the "short" list of answered prayers and miracles (in no particular order):
- HOME CENTER NEAR COMPLETION! The new home center is almost complete and it is even more beautiful than anyone could have imagined. It will house 12 children and a host family so that children can experience living in a functional and stable home environment. The home should be complete in the very near future and become home to many of the kids. Plans to start building the next home are in the works, but still not set in stone.
- SUCCESSFUL CHAIR MINISTRY! The chair ministry raised $1,600 for chairs and we joyfully gave them away offering the people who received them a place of temporary physical rest, but also a hope of eternal rest. One of the small "coincidences" was at our last stop on the first day of delivering chairs. We came to realize that the building we had stopped in front of us was a small church and they were in need of chairs for the church. God blessed this church for their faithfulness by sending us here to give them chairs to worship Him in!
- LAST VIDEO OF MAMA ROSA! ( our director's mom)The day before Grandma Rosa died , one of our team members, Randy, sat with her and videotaped her. She had talked about how proud she was of all her children and that she was happy to have seen the new home center for the first time only a few days before. This video was a gem after she died the next morning. The family was so grateful to be able to see her and listen to her speak, especially those who weren't in town and able to see her right before she died. God had Randy at the right place at the right time!
- OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK IN THE PUBLIC SCHOOL! Before we left for Peru , the principal of the school had asked us to come for 4 days to talk, but at that time we had OUR agenda and schedule already set and only had 1 afternoon still open to spend there. God "rearranged" our schedule to allow us to spend 3 days at the school talking to the kids about abstinence and God!
- MEANINGFUL SKIT STAGED AND PERFORMED! The team performed a skit for 500 people with only a day to prepare and stage it! Even the technical logistics of music and speakers worked perfectly. The drama illustrated how we find so many things that distract us from God, but God never leaves us and is waiting for us to call out to Him so that He can show us His power and might. It was powerful and engaging to the 500 people who watched it!
- FREE BIBLES! When some of the team members went to the local church on the first night, the pastor happened to mention that he had received free Spanish Gideon Bibles to distribute in Andahuaylas. The next day as we discussed it and decided we'd love to be able to have some of these Bibles, we "happened" to stumble upon the pastor's store in the market and he took us to get the Bibles. We distributed 500 Bibles in Andahuaylas (to the people in the mountains, at the school and even at a small mountain church that needed more Bibles)! At the school, people were literally grabbing them out of our hands and we didn't have enough for everyone. The people are hungry for the Word of God there and God orchestrated the distribution of 500 of them!
- WONDERFUL INTERPRETERS! We had been praying for interpreters before we left and were blessed to have Cesar and Meredith join our team. Cesar is a Peruvian born pastor of a large church in CA who "happened" to be back in Lima because of visa issues. He was able to clearly preach and share the gospel in the mountains, at the school and at the home center. Meredith is an American born missionary in Lima and she also "happened" to be able to take a week off to help our team after only being back in Lima for 5 weeks. Both of our interpreters were gifted at translating, but more importantly were gifted in sharing God's word! They were such natural members of our team and God cleared the way for them to join our team!
- OUR BUS DRIVER ACCEPTED THE LORD! Our hired bus driver, Walter, not only drove us from place to place, but also came to watch what we were doing and help when he could. He was moved by what we were doing at each place we went and when Rob and Cesar sat down with him, they led him to the Lord! God used us to speak and move in lives everywhere we were! We also got to know the family that ran a small shop where we frequently used the phone and the Internet. They came to the dedication of the new home center and even took one of our team members out for dinner. God used every encounter we had for His glory!
- HEALTH! No one got sick or seriously injured during our time in Andahuaylas.
- GOD WORKED IN THE LIVES OF THE WOMEN! Despite schedule changes, we were able to spend at least one day with the women and hear their testimonies of how God had changed their lives in the last year. One woman prayed for her husband to come home and he did. Another had seen her crops increase and her livestock flourish. Her children also experienced better health. We made salvation bracelets with them and they understood the message of salvation and recommitted themselves to Lord! God allowed our ministry to the women to continue even it was cut short!
- WOMEN CHANGED THEIR LIFESTYLES! 15 women changed their way of life and cleaned up their homes. They cleaned up the garbage in their homes and made separate pens for their animals to live in which increased the sanitary and health of their homes and families. Each woman received $100 for committing last year to making these positive changes and actually following through with them.
- KIDS ALIVE ATTENDED DEDICATION OF CENTER! Kids Alive was able to come to the dedication of the new home center and see the commitment of Giannina and Jaime to caring for these kids. Friends of Peru is hoping to come under the umbrella of Kids Alive to streamline the management and care of the kids and the home center.
- GIANNINA ATTENDED ROSA 'S FUNERAL! Giannina was able to be in Peru for Rosa 's funeral. Mama Rosa was like a member of her own family and it meant a great deal to her to be able to remember and celebrate mama Rosa with her family. Once again, God had the right people in the right place at the right time!
- MINISTERED TO CONSTRUCTION WORKERS! As the men worked side-by-side with the construction workers at the new home center, they were able to worship and pray with the men. Once again, God took every interaction and maximized it for His glory!
- TEAM UNITY & FLEXIBILITY! We were praying for flexibility and unity before we left for Peru . Our team was a remarkable group of diverse individuals and we were united throughout our entire journey. We were able to change plans on a moment's notice without complaint or confusion. We have become a family and developed deep and lasting connections with one another. We are all part of the body of Christ and we each used our gifts and talents to compliment one another and serve the Lord joyfully side-by-side!
- ALL SUPPLIES SAFELY ARRIVED! Although our luggage was delayed, it ALL made it there untouched and we were able to sort and distribute many clothes and other items. We also left many supplies at the home center for Jaime and Nelly to use and distribute. Thank you to the many of you who donated clothing, housewares, and other supplies to this project!
- EASE OF TRAVEL! We experienced no difficulty in travels. We made all of our connections and flights and did not experience any troubles with luggage. Another "coincidence" occurred right of the bat in Minneapolis . We had 4 overweight bags which meant we'd need to pay extra for each bag. When the customer service rep heard we were doing missions in Peru she said her church was about to send its own team to Peru and she only charged us for one bag.
- SAFETY ON THE ROADS! We drove on many treacherous mountain roads. Most of the roads were completely dirt and/or rocks and only one lane. At one point it started to rain when we had just made it to the top of the mountains to distribute chairs and supplies. The bus driver became concerned that the driving conditions were going to be treacherous to get down the mountain. We prayed for the rain to stop so that we wouldn't have to abort the mission and be put in danger, and the rain stopped and the sky cleared! We were able to distribute all of the chairs that day, two suitcases full of warm clothes and children's supplies and Bibles.
- PREGNANT GIRL GOT BABY SUPPLIES! We had one small suitcase full of the remaining baby blanklets and other baby supplies to distribute as we headed down the mountain. At the last stop we heard that there was a home with 8 orphans living in it, so we brought hats, socks and gloves to them as well as the baby supplies thinking that there might be babies in that house. There were no babies at that home, but as we came back down to the van, there stood an 8-month pregnant teenager to give the baby supplies to!
- OLDER BOYS ENGAGED IN ACTIVITIES! The children's team was concerned that the older boys were not engaging in some of the activities and games at the home center, but by the end of the week, they were excitedly beading bracelets and making tie die shirts. Several of them also had the opportunity to go fishing with the men which was a memorable experience for them all!
As you can see, God's hand was on this trip from the beginning and because you were all faithful to pray for this ministry and our team, God blessed it and the people of Andahuaylas! So blessed be the name of the Lord!. We are grateful for the support and prayers of each of you. Thank you for making a difference in the Peru!
Giannina Posner and Peru Team August 2008!!
I came away with a new-found admiration for its many impressive swiss replica watches
starting with its mechanical engineering and ending with its countless neatly executed details. When the officials give a signal, the countdown begins, the replica watches
are started, and the maneuvering begins. This is a complicated replica watches sale
for a small problem very few people have. A replica watches will be better for the job. I tried to like the watch. I believe the very moment when the time is up is marked by a horn or other sign anyway and the skippers need a regatta timer not to identify the hublot replica uk
when the time is up but rather to keep track of exactly how much time they have left to replica watches uk
their boats. Yes, we are even talking about the functionality, construction, or comfort of the replica watches.
Have some fun on our sound effects page.